Friday, December 01, 2006

Sunrise



A quick stop, scramble to open the camera, click click click. Jump back in the car, run to work. Whew!


~~~~~~~~~~~~ In other rose colored worlds....

I think I get it now.

The latest pitiable GOP plan, from what I can tell, goes something like this: To make it all so absurd, to make the remaining Bush administration proposals and doctrines and cultural stratagems so outlandish and silly and degrading and insulting to your mind and your heart and your very own beleaguered genitalia that you cannot help but take note of their existence and laugh and cringe and sit back and go, Oh my God these people have got to be kidding.

At which point (they hope) you will turn to your spouse or your significant other or your dog and say, Hey honey, check this out, did you see the latest moronic and horrible dictum from the Bush administration? We should totally try it, just for kicks!

Then the GOP will gloat and say: See? The world still loves the GOP! Yay us! And then they shall proceed to smack themselves in the face with a brick.

It is the only viable explanation. It is the only way to account for something like, say, the latest twist in the Abstinence Education Program from Bush's increasingly laughable Department of Health and Human Services, a $50 million slice of embarrassing government detritus that is now actually encouraging all states to tell their single, youngish residents that they should -- how to put this so you don't shoot coffee through your nose? -- that everyone should avoid sex entirely, until they turn 30.

See? See your reaction? You are like: No way. You are like: Is the United States government really saying that? You are like: Laughter, a smirk, maybe a shrug and a sigh and a sad shake of the head and another glass of wine because, you know, what the hell is wrong with these people?

~snip~

I wonder, if you asked them, would you hear the common refrain of those locked in miserable and joyless jobs under the Bush regime? "I have no idea how it came to this. I have no idea how I got here, doing this horrible thing in this horrible place with these miserable people and this awful boss. Every single day, my very soul is being leached through my teeth. What the hell happened to me?"

I believe this is how it must be, tenfold, in the Department of Health and Human Services, Abstinence Division. Among those who are charged with spreading the worst and most debilitating sexual propaganda BushCo has to offer: only misery. Joyless, sexless, unfortunate as the right-wing congressmen who shoved this bitter and lubeless ideology onto their daily plate.


I say: How Talibangelical!

Full story, with lots more snarky goodness here

Hattip to Blondesense

4 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

Beautiful, beautiful sunrise. Good thing you had your camera with you.

I have been so enjoying our snowy weather, I have forgotten to take a look at what the Bush administration has been up to. I pretend they don't exist. I need to pay more attention.

10:45 AM, December 01, 2006  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

Great sunrise! I love it! As for not having sex until 30, I've been 30 for a long time. Does that mean I get to have as much sex as I want? HA HA HA :)

Of course, once you get my age, there aren't that many opportunities. Perhaps, that's what they're hoping will happen to everyone. HEH.

11:27 AM, December 01, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

That sunrise is magical - truly magical. *sigh* I'm never able to snap the kinds of perfect pictures that you and Robin Andrea manage to get. I'll see something wonderful, go "Ooh! Ooh!" run to get my camera and pouf! It's gone with a wisp of cloud.

As for not having sex till you're 30 - that sounds just about right for that joyless, soulless crowd. Did that particular dictum come out today? Is this their way of addressing World Aids Day? They refuse to give money to cure the disease - so their solution is no sex? Somebody please take the lot of 'em and dump 'em in a whore house! I've never seen more people in need of getting laid in my life!

5:58 PM, December 01, 2006  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Great post and yes...their abstinence programs are just a small part of their criminal stupidity...but I am sure MrBush's lovely daugthers have signed Abstinence Contracts with Daddy.....OMG...that would be worth seeing on YouTube...

( As my 15 yr old son says-= Bush 's blowjob is his Abstinence Programs....yikes- kind of accurate...)

4:06 PM, December 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */