Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Reservoir



Blogger finally got the pics uploaded, gotta go to work!! More commentary later...

My Daughter is here visiting from Oregon. On Sunday, we went to the nearby IMAX theatre to see the new Harry Potter movie. Absolutely great! They did a fantastic job. It's been a couple of years since I read the book, and I don't know how close to the original they kept, but I didn't have any brain farts over it, as I did with the Trilogy of the Rings.






After the movie, we took my new camera, (and the old one) to a place that Hubby knew in his youth. We drove on over there, and the access to the resevoir has a one lane only bridge, where you have to take turns with the oncoming traffic lane. The lake behind the dam was half melted, the open water still as a mirror.








5 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

It's so beautiful there. I love the reflections in the water. I especially love the photograph with the tree reflection partially reflected, and partially covered by ice. That is so just so lovely.

9:08 PM, January 10, 2006  
Blogger wanda said...

Those pictures are so good I got cold just looking at them.

11:44 PM, January 10, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

It all looks so pristine - you live in a very pretty area, my dear. Nice to hear your daughter's there for a visit. What a lovely way to start the year!

2:47 AM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Hey, RD, Wanda, FLS,

Thank you! It was so fun to take the new camera out. It was around 38 degrees. We've been getting waves of warm weather up from the south, alternating with cold blasts down from Canada.The ice, usually thick by now, is uncertain. (yeah, I know, global warming can't be proved on small timescales, but still... ;)

6:50 AM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

FAN.TAS.TIC. Photos! Just gorgeous how you caught the water/ice and light/shadows.

7:28 PM, January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */