Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wonderful Weather for a change!

This weekend we went apple picking, and was the day beautiful! It was 78 degrees, sunny, dry(for a change!), breezy. Perfect. We went to our regular place, but each year it's been getting more and more commercial. They are finally treating us like a heard of cows. Get on the wagon, go here, don't go there, stay where I can see you, no sitting on rocks, get away from the stream. No picking raspberries - only on weekdays.

We took my neice, she insisted it was "tradition"! Well, I have to say, we've been taking her every year, for half her life. (She's 8)


I think we'll be going elsewhere next year. We stopped at a place just down the road, and was it ever different! They had a fish pond(!!!!), raspberries, apples, and potties. Much less pressure, and no heard mentality.



On monday, when I got to work, the dew was on my garden, and there were spider webs all over the place. This one was a perfect spiral, and it's spinner was sitting there with good mornings for all. If you have time to only click on one pic, this is the one - enlarge it to see the drops of dew...


The last precious roses are blooming, with deeper color. They tend to open faster and last no more than a day.

2 Comments:

Blogger oldwhitelady said...

Fantastic photos. I love that rose picture. Apple picking reminds me of apple cider. I like the clear stuff, not the milky looking stuff. Warm it up in the microwave, slap some spiced rum into it, yummmm!

5:20 PM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

The guy at the apple orchard said they can no longer make cider of the dropped apples: deer come into the orchard, bite the apples, pee and poop around, and they carry e-coli. They leave them on the ground for fertilizer.

One woman died (was it last year?) from drinking unpasturized cider from the dropped apples. Too bad, I just love cider!

8:17 AM, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */