Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Republicans Speak

"I am a conservative Republican, but I believe in democracy and the separation of church and state. The conservative movement is founded on the simple tenet that people have the right to live life as they please as long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process."

~ Barry Goldwater, the father of the modern conservative movement


Former Republicans Speak

This is my own little crusade. We have a free local weekly that has local news, local bands and something they call "Speak Out". People can call email or write in their opinions, bumper stickers, replies to last weeks opinions, or quotes. I've noticed a very rightwing slant, with letters pleading for support of bushco, and recently a string of REAGAN quotes. Icky Icky Reagan quotes.

So, I look up good republican quotes (and there are quite a few of them) and send them in to the Speak Out editor. I will be cross posting them here, and if you have a local rag that publishes letters or quotes, feel free to cut and paste!

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I love your personal crusade to enlighten the Republicans in your town about what it really means to be a conservative. Good quote. I've heard that if Goldwater were alive today he'd be considered a liberal. Yikes. What's going on in our country?

1:05 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Liz Blondsense said...

Goldwater's granddaughter is doing a documentary about him to explose just how much today's conservatives are not real conservatives. She's right. I even joined the Rep Party for several years just to infiltrate and show them how far they've strayed.

You are doing a great service. Keep it up!

9:19 AM, September 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */