Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"
~ Benjamin Franklin


"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."

~ Nathan Hale (1755 - 1776), last words, 22 September 1776


"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains or slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take but as for me; give me liberty or give me death!"

~ Patrick Henry (1736 - 1799)




"Civil liberties do not mean much when you are dead,"
~ Sen. Jim Bunning , R-Ky

What a Weenie!

3 Comments:

Blogger andi said...

the corddry brothers were debating this on the daily show last night/week, viz wiretapping/national security issues. little corddry (the liberal) quoted ben franklin. big corddry (the repub) said, "with great power comes great responsibility" and stopped the conversation cold. until they attacked each other over the table.

hiLARious.

pop culture is the BEST. i'll be sure to quote spiderman at the next opportunity.

2:10 PM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

Just when you think they have uttered the ultimate inanity - out comes another - fully formed like Venus on the half shell. Give me a break!

2:07 AM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

I just wish the media would call them on this. They should be shouting to the hilltops that these weenies just want us to shut up and be slaves already!

6:49 AM, March 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */