Saturday, March 17, 2007

Friday Snowfall


On friday the snow started when I was driving to work, and slowly, slowly got heavier and heavier. At around 9:30 am I looked at the weather report(getting heavier through the afternoon, with one inch per hour snowfall), and decided that the weekend was gonna start early: I so hate driving in slippery conditions, I left at noon.


This little bluebird didn't seem to notice the cold and snow.


Animal acrobatics: This one jumped straight up, then completed a half flip to land, with a spare flutter of wing, on the lower level

~~~~~
Plump black and white , slashing past the window in front of my lens. I go to look at the other feeder, and there was this little guy, enjoying the day.


And this one, who was contentedly scratching around in the snow under the feeder, picking up little frozen seeds. He hung out on the shelf, fluffing his feathers up and sheltering from the cutting wind in the recess below this shelf.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. Those birds really fluff up their feathers to look fat. I know they can't be, after all, it's winter! So, you sent the snow my way, did you? Luckily, it didn't stay. It snowed enough that there was a layer on the ground, but it must have been warm enough as there isn't any now.

11:52 PM, March 17, 2007  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I think this has been the longest winter I have ever lived through. Endless. I can't wait for spring to get here and stay. Great pics.

9:31 AM, March 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */