Saturday, August 26, 2006

I Never Could Resist a Dare!

*click on the pics for a larger view

The Fat Lady Sings dared anyone to fulfill the Meme ... so, here goes!



1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE WHERE WOULD IT BE?

Vancouver - never been there, but I hear they have a very *relaxed* and progressive community.

2. IF YOU COULD EAT LUNCH WITH JUST ONE PERSON WHO WOULD IT BE?

...if he couldn't leave, and he couldn't get revenge, I imagine it would be GW. I'd love to give HIM a piece of my mind.

3. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR SOCKS RIGHT NOW?

Dark Red

4. THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT?

(Sheepishly)Dixie Chicks: more for their politics, than anything else. I really don't much like country music, but I liked that last one - I call it their "FU GW" song.

5. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?

Way way too early: 5:30 is just the first time the alarm rings...

6. WHAT WAS THE LAST FILM YOU SAW AT THE CINEMA?

I think it was the last Harry Potter movie. We only to out to a movie if it has lots of special effects.

7. FAVORITE TV SHOW?

Survivor. I love seeing game theory in action, watching the players and their decisions. I always root for the underdog, which means that my pick generally does not win, but I just get to root for lots of different people.

8. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

I used to play scales on the flute, as a form of meditation. I just had it re-padded, but when I tried to play, I couldn't remember all of the fingerings. That's another "one of these days..." dealies.

9. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS?

The jewel shades: Dark purple reds, clear blues and greens and aqua.

10. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?

If you 'd asked me that 10 years ago, I would have said yes. But well, I'm a Libra, and Libras can't decide unless they have all the evidence, so I hafta say the jury's still out.

11. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?

I'd have to say sporty - but, really - If they made electric, I'd get one, and if that french company that has a motor that runs on compressed air was into production, I'd get one of those.

12. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?

The Potter series

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?

Oh, that's gotta be spring! All that burgeoning life, after the long cold winter.

14. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

I want a peace wand. Or, if that's not available, could I just plunk Dick and Georgie on the forehead and give them integrity and compassion?

15. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?

No tatoo, but if I did, it would have to be a dragon.

16. WHO WOULD YOU HATE TO BE STUCK IN A ROOM WITH?

The Biggus Dickus: Darth Cheney

17. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?

Honest Politicians who know what integrity means, and value theirs. They are few and far between, but we do have a couple here and there. ....GO LAMONT! Bernie Sanders for President!

18. NAME ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?

Bill D. - did you make it thru, honey?

19. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?

Saturday

20. ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

Nearly every person upon graduating High School decides that they are a night owl, until they have to make it to work or be fired. I have to say I am very grouchy in the morning, so don't talk to me before I have my breakfast! I do tend to nod off around 10pm, though, so I can't brag about late night awareness.. :)

21. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?

Last week.
I was watching Keith Olberman, and in the background of a vid of angry adult males charging around waving weapons, there was a young man. Just a teenager, sitting in the dirt by the side of the road, somewhere in the middle east, watching the warmongers race by. He was weeping. I have a son, I know how hard it is for a young man to cry, and to see him weeping, like his whole world is crashing in around him, it went beyond hubris. It seemed in that moment to distill the war we started and we pursue.

The sight of it tore a huge hole in my heart.

How dare we charge in and bust up these people's lives!

*How dare we*



3 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I like your list, but I really wanted to say that I also saw that Keith Olbermann video, and that young man crying on the side of the road. It was in Iraq. His face was full of tragedy, completely expressed and raw emotion. I just wanted to thank you for remembering it. His crying face is the picture of war.

11:04 AM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

Such interesting responses. Thank you so much for answering the questions. You are a very complex woman - so many levels. By the way - that video hit me too. I actually changed the channel. I couldn't watch. It tore me up inside to damn much. It seems we are all cut from the same cloth. Thank god. It makes us human. The people who made that young man cry lost their humanity ages ago.

11:49 AM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

I like your list. I also like your flowers. Wonderful!

8:00 PM, August 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */