Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Flowers and pics...



My garden at work is still popping out blossoms. My camera is acting out, has been since last winter, which is why Hubby got me the spiffy Nikon for X-mas. (yay)



My zinnias love the sun, but the camera doesn't. A couple of minutes out there in the heat, and it will only give me one like ...



this one..



...and this one.



So, I looked on Ebay, and found this one, for about half price. -Hey, I can't be without a knockaround camera, can I? (and I'm certainly not bringing the Nikon to work...) So, I'm on pins and needles waiting for this new camera to arrive.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Your flowers are doing so well. Mine need to be watered, they're all wilting.
That's a nice looking camera.

9:57 PM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

We've been swimming in rainfall this year, and the dry sunny garden is doing great! (just add water) I may drive on up to my po box this noon to see if the camera is here...

8:51 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger andi said...

actually i really like the blurry ones. especially now that i'm not hungover and i can tell the difference.

7:42 AM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

Your hollyhocks are stupendous! All that rain certainly made a difference. Keep posting pictures. I need to enjoy it vicariously. The heat and drought have killed almost everything here.

2:10 PM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

I love all of these...so beautiful...lovely....thanks...

11:28 PM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Hey, Andi,

Heh heh - hope your head feels better. I kinda like the blurry ones too - I keep imagining them as backdrops or to be used for collages..

Hey TFLS,

I just planted those hollyhocks this year. I need some more, I think. My sister's boyfriend has some that are dark purple - almost black, singles. He's given me some seeds. We'll have to see what comes of that. I plan to put in 10 or 20 next year, get a couple of bunches growing.

Hey enigma4ever,

So glad you like my pics - I'll be back posting more after I get the new cam.. maybe monday.

9:50 AM, August 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */