Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wooo Hoooo! Yeah, GO LAMONT!!!!

OK, now that I've got that outa my system, down to the nuts and bolts:

Open letter to the Senate Minority Leader

sent with subject = website problems

Dear Senator Reid,

Now that the State of Connecticut has chosen it's candidate, and it isn't Joe Lieberman, Mr Lieberman has quit the Democratic Party. He cannot have it both ways. He's either a member of the Democratic Party and he supports the choice of the electorate, or he's not. He's decided that he's not.

As an independent, he effectively has sloughed off all of his seniority, and MUST be expelled from all of his Democratic Party committee memberships. We need every democrat membership to go to a REAL democrat, one who is attentive to the needs of his constituents and his party. Joe, by his actions, has proven that above all, he's there only for Joe.

Lieberman may have "website problems", but they are caused by his own cheap-osity in thinking he could get by with paying fifteen bucks for his webhost, and then running the most divisive and publicised campaign in the US. "Error 503" means HE didn't pay for enough BANDWIDTH. He's also having problems because he just moved his site, because he lost the primary and must move to his Independent candidate site. (and everyone knows what problems that will cause) Please ask him to stop his phony slander and accusations against the Connecticut Democratic Candidate for the Senate, Ned Lamont.

I would also, as your supporter in your "Give 'em Hell, Harry" campaign, request that you issue a statement as soon as possible endorsing and supporting Connecticut's new Democratic Party Candidate for the Senate, Ned Lamont.

Thank You for all your hard work

SB_Gypsy


Harry Reid can be emailed here


*hattip to FiredogLake


update


I went to the polling place and voted on the way home. I was in grim humor, because my son told me my brother - you know, the one who's a rabid republican, listens to Lush Rimbaugh every day, and keeps saying about the Mideast: "We can drill thru glass!") - anyway, he re-registered as a democrat in order to vote for LIEberman yesterday. IN MY PRIMARY, DAMMIT!

I was then thinking about all the hundreds and thousands of people who changed their registration, and about Newt's assertion that we have "Insurgents" here in CT that need to be dealt with.

The only insurgents are the rot brained cheaters who tried and failed to jimmy our election! The best revenge is winning, I think. November, here we come!

So, we were occupied all evening (a wake, then dinner) and by the time we got home, I was jonesin' for some vote numbers... but the electricity was out. DANG

Hubby installed a battery fed light system last year, so we had lights at least. We got out the emergency radio, wound it up(literally) and I spent the next hour listening to radio coverage while Hubby drifted off to sleep next to me. It was kinda like olden times... Heh.

So, just about 10:30 the lights came back on, and I followed the rest of it, right to the bitter end. LIEberman's speech was just about what I expected, and I just wanted to blow my cookies right then, also thinking of all the republicans who will support him in Nov.

Lamont's speech was pretty much his standard, but the very fact that he was making it (and on national TV) was so inspiring, tears came to my eyes. Gosh, we so need more principled people like Ned to run for office!

Hey, WE WON!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if that nasty Rush Limbaugh told his listeners to do that. Ha on them, though. Lamont got the vote! Since he managed to make it, even with the Repubs voting against him, I'm betting he has a good chance in the next election. It would be nice if Joe decides to drop out before the election, thereby, allowing the dems that would vote independent for him, vote for Lamont, instead.

10:06 PM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Really - I thought of them, and how they could easily hijack our primary, and I was absolutely flaming!

As it is, we've got a long uphill battle until November.

6:41 AM, August 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */