Friday, July 28, 2006

On Being A Liberal

Over at Day In The Life of Joe Republican I found this worthy rant. It kinda distills my feelings on this issue:


...there is NOTHING SHAMEFUL OR WRONG about being a LIBERAL, and the extent to which we have, as LIBERALS, caved to the Neocons use of LIBERAL as a PEJORATIVE (a pejorative is a very negative word, like Asshole, Lickspittle, or Towelhead), and the way we, as LIBERALS, have Distanced Ourselves from the word LIBERAL, is…is……SO CANDY-ASS !!!

I mean COME ON! We have GOT to stop being such CANDY-ASSES!!!! Not everyone in the world has to “like” us. We are already RIGHT. We should be saying, “FUCK YOU! That’s RIGHT I’m a GODDAM LIBERAL!!! I actually believe that sick people should get healthcare, starving people should be fed, and children should get a free (and excellent) education! I believe that War should only be a last resort, and there is NO EXCUSE for aggressively invading another country! Oh and I believe that FEMALE HUMAN BEINGS are real people, and even GAY people are HUMAN BEINGS and all should be treated EQUALLY under the law!! I believe that INDUSTRY MUST be Regulated, and that the profit motive cannot be the SOLE GOOD in our society!



Like Ryan says - Time to stop being such CANDY-ASSES!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

10:53 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

Hear, hear! I read it too. It's great!

4:54 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

Isn't that the truth? Liberal is not a bad word. Liberalism is not a bad thing. Embrace it.

7:39 AM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger DivaJood said...

I'm Liberal, and I'm proud. Good one, SB.

9:01 AM, August 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */