Thursday, July 06, 2006

Open Letter To Barbara Boxer

Dear Barbara Boxer,

I subscribe to your Pac for Change, and I recently heard that you are supporting LIEberman for Senator from my state. I'm here to tell you that it's not just the War in Iraq, though that would be enough right there.

I would like you to review his statements for the last five to ten years and tell me how you think he's an asset for the Democratic Party. I really resent his message that we support the President's illegal behavior just because he was chosen by the SCOTUS to live in the White House.

I also resent his message to victims of rape: that if your ambulance happens to take you to St Francis Hospital rather than Hartford Hospital, then you're out of luck, and you may be driving all over town at 2 am looking for a doctor and an open pharmacy(there's not that many around in CT - we are largly a rural state). Old "Rape Gurney Joe" doesn't care if you are forced to have your rapist's baby. He cares more about the poor emergency room doctor who might be required to hand out pills that would prevent that pregnancy.

Lieberman used to have the respect of those who disagreed with him, but his blind pandering to the pukes who defend torture and war and who are fleecing the citizens of our country by frittering away all our money and influence with this forever war has turned that respect into scorn.

He cares nothing for his constituents. He cares nothing for the Democratic Party. He lobbys for Bushco and Israel while I'm paying him to attend to the serious and difficult issues that our country is facing.

Please support the candidate that the Democratic Primary voters of CT choose. If Lamont wins, I would like to see you respect the voters of CT enough that you honor their decision, and support Ned Lamont for the US Senate.

Sincerely
SB_Gypsy

* email Boxer here

3 Comments:

Blogger TFLS said...

It seems Boxer's decided to support Lieberman - along with several other key Democrats. I really hope he loses - and the Democratic leadership doesn't continue this ill-advised support. If they do - if they support his bid for the Senate despite not being elected to do so by your home state - then the Republicans will sweep the midterms and '08 as well. It will prove that the Democratic Party has its head shoved so far up its 'ass' that it can't tell the time with a flashlight!

5:40 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I hope you sent that letter, you should. You covered some good points. Biden should get one too. I can't believe he did this right before considering running for prez. Is he nuts too?

12:54 PM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Hey FLS, POP,

I agree- if they continue to support the old guard over new pols who have the fire, the loyalty to our ideals, and the moxie to run, then they deserve to fail! I sent the email, though the reply that I received implies that any email not from CA will be ignored. I will be printing it out and sending it to several senators via snail mail. We gotta make these bastards listen!!

1:18 PM, July 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */