Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Green Yellow and Bed


We've had a couple of hot days in a row, and the primrose just burst into bloom






This weekend I was carrying something, and a part of it let go, so I tried to catch it. I made a quick twisting motion, and felt something "let go" in my hip. It felt like a muscle pull, so I just assumed that it would go away...



It's been steadily getting worse and worse. So, today, after waking up at 1am with my hip on fire, I called and made an appointment with the doc. He gave me an exercise, some good drugs, and told me to go home and get some rest. I'm going to bed now. Please stay and enjoy the pics. *limps off to bed*


This is a strange looking fern



Pachysandra on the rocks


*as always, click the pic for a larger view. If you'd ever like a full size file (3-6 MB)leave me your email addy & I'll be glad to send one

7 Comments:

Blogger TFLS said...

Oh honey! Sorry to hear you hurt yourself! Definitely get that rest - I know what can happen if you get up too soon after an injury. Your garden is just lovely - so many cool things to focus on. Oh – and I think that fern's called a ‘stag’ fern - because of the antler-like shape. Does it get really big? That’s probably what it is, then. Anyway - take care, my dear - and try to have a relaxing weekend.

5:44 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I thought I left a comment here on this post the other day. I think blogger must have eaten it!

I hope by now you are feeling better. There is no worse feeling than the moment something "lets go"-- I hope you have something very good to read, if you're still in bed. Take care.

9:23 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Take care of yourself and don't rush the healing. Thank you for giving us the beautiful flower pics to enjoy while you're getting better.

3:16 PM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

Hope you're finally feeling better, my dear. Did you get some rest? I hope the terrible weather hasn't reached your neck of the woods. You are in my thoughts.

1:29 AM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing. Hope everything is okay there.

10:07 AM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

I'm sorry you hurt yourself - I hope you get better quickly. Your flower pictures are fantastic, as always!

10:45 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Hey everyone, thanks for the well wishes. Hubby is enforcing the rest edict, and my computer is off limits for now - at least at home. I'm finally back to work, 'tho the "good drugs" was more of an optimistic hope than a reality. (why is it that any product of modern pharmacology always makes me lose my cookies???) Then, after being up all night, "praying to st John" I call for a different med, only to get one that's harder on the system than the one I couldn't stomache!

The pain is mostly gone, and the nausea, but the nerve is still inflamed. I may go for a referral to a physical therapist, if it doesn't improve soon. I'll be back online this weekend, for sure!

8:01 AM, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */