Monday, June 12, 2006

More from the garden

Wooo Haaa, I have a poppy! (the peachy orange one right in the middle.) I've been trying for the last three years to get poppies in my garden. Some gardening magazine has been sending me red flanders poppy seeds, along with with white baby's breath. I threw them in where you see that lone poppy, and this is the first time they've come back, though this one's not red, so it must be a re-seed.



This yellow flower was given me by a neighbor here at work. I have no idea what it's called, but it's thriving, so I just enjoy it. Sometimes you see it with a chocolate center.






These wild roses seem to grow all over the place, around here. They are pretty in the spring, and fragrant, but they end up overwhelming anything they grow over, and the prickers are just wicked! They've been taking over the little area in back of the shop, and crowding out the dumpster!
They sure are prettier than that old dumpster.
To the left, and below is our Connecticut state flower, the mountain laurel. That's about as big as it gets. It's about the height of a rhododendron, but never gets as massive as a rhododendron can get.













And if anyone knows what this is below, let me know, I'd like to get one of these - isn't it pretty?

4 Comments:

Blogger oldwhitelady said...

It looks, to me, as though it's in the same family as the mountain laurel. Both are beautiful. In fact, all the flowers, in your pictures, are great. I can almost smell them from here.

12:24 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Your flowers and garden look beautiful. I love poppies. They have the most delicate petals. I don't know what the other flowers are, sorry I can't help.

10:04 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

That last flowering plant looks so familier - I'm sure I will eventually remember what it is. Your garden is looking fabulous. And I love poppies too - they are so lovely and delicate. Cool pictures, my dear!

12:30 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Thanks, you guys - I just love the flowers, and hope nobody gets bored looking at them all the time...

10:45 AM, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */