Friday, June 02, 2006

The Nest Outside Our Window



This nest is in the hedge that's against the building where I work. It had four robin chicks in it, but they were getting very big, and yesterday two of them disappeared. They had feathers, and though they looked a little ragged (some pin feathers still showing) I'm hoping they flew away, and are alright now. The two remaining chicks you can just see if you enlarge the photo - they may be gone tomorrow...

UPDATE

The last two chicks disappeared friday afternoon... hopefully they flew away...

3 Comments:

Blogger TFLS said...

My last Purple Martin chick flew off today. They fledge so damn fast! I love baby birds. You took a wonderful picture, my dear!

12:25 AM, June 03, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Hey, FLS, I had no idea that they would be growing up soooo fast! Amazing, isn't it?

10:39 AM, June 03, 2006  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Great photograph! We've seen a lot of nest-building, but no babies yet. I hope these robins all made it out safely!

11:33 AM, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */