Saturday, May 27, 2006

More pics from our walk






As usual, click the pic for a larger view.







This river was at it's greatest height, with all the rain we've had this spring

The angry squirrel:

There I was - walking along, looking for a certain plant that I'd seen on the way in, not really paying attention to what was around me, and this squirrel started scolding me from the tree not 5 ft from where I was standing. Then Hubby started scolding me to get away from the squirrel -they carry rabies- and I'm trying to focus the camera on the squirrel, who keeps running up and down the trunk of the tree, scolding and cocking his tail in great exasperation.

*whew*

5 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

That river looks very full and high. Nice forest to walk through. I wonder if that squirrel had some babies in that tree? It seems to be baby season everywhere for everything. Great pix.

10:06 AM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

I especially love the one with the reflection. It makes the river and forest look enchanted. Marvelous area to walk in. You're very lucky!

9:25 PM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

The river was at it's crest, after days of rain.. It is a great walk, and I'm so trying to fill up on the beauty of this area, because it's so expensive here, and I really hope to be moving farther out from the cities eventually.

12:47 PM, May 29, 2006  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

Wow, those are great photos. Isn't it funny how squirrels can run up and down a tree? Amazing ability!

5:51 PM, May 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you checked out the northwest corner of CT? A bit less expensive and loads of natural beauty to include hiking on the Appalation Trail and an abundance of scenic areas. Some well kept secrets and quite a bit of history. Check it out.

6:25 PM, May 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */