Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Open Letter to the DSCC

Dear members of the DSCC,

I would like to introduce myself to you. I am 53 years old, I vote in every election, and I have never once voted for a republican.

My Senator at this time is Joe Lieberman, and I totally resent his lobying for Israel during his working time. When I'm paying his salary, he should be working on issues that are important to me. I am disgusted with his performance since Bush stole the office of the presidency. His actions in voting for cloture, to ensure that Alito and Robertson were stuffed onto the Supreme Court, where they can do their worst to the civil rights of the citizens of the US were reprehensible.

He would rather defend Bush's actions than my rights. He would rather send soldiers to be killed in the middle east than find solutions to our energy problems. He would rather send soldiers to be killed in the middle east than find solutions to our school crisis. He would rather send soldiers to be killed in the middle east than find solutions to our medical insurance problems. In fact, he would rather send soldiers to be killed in the middle east than find solutions to any of our many problems. He is an apologist for the flat out worst president ever, and I'm personally tired of it.

I'm very tired of the Democratic party machine putting the kibosh on any young pol who has the energy, fortitude, and ideals to bring our party forward.

I am writing in reference to the unsourced CNN report from a senior DSCC staffer that says that the DSCC will likely support the winner of the Connecticut primary. I'm here to let you know that — although it is an awfully good step, and I am happy to see you take it, I respectfully assert that it isn’t enough . Will there be an official announcement on this at some point? I will be watching for it.

Sincerely
SB_Gypsy

the fax number for the DSCC is 202-959-0354
the email addy of the DSCC is info@dscc.org


*hattip to firedoglake

4 Comments:

Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

You have my complete sympathy on the Lieberman thing - he is a joke, an ugly joke.

6:28 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

You got it - Ugly WHINING joke!

8:27 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I'm taken aback by his inability accept the "will of the people." That's what elections are about. When the people of Connecticut decide that he is no longer wanted, that should be the end of the discussion. The office is not "his." It belongs to the people of his state. I don't know why he became an apologist for the Bush administration, but now that he has, he has stopped being a Demoocrat.

10:42 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Hey Robin Andrea,

He HAS stopped being a Dem, and it's so frustrating that he wants it both ways. The word for that is two-faced. He speaks with forked tongue, the bastard!!

Hey MoMu,

euuw- his voice is really whiny and creepy! When he's not advancing the repub agenda, he's wringing his hands and whining about how they block all reasonable communication and legislation!

1:25 PM, July 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */