Saturday, July 08, 2006

Direct from Ned

Ned Lamont has been sending election emails, and I thought I'd post some of his words here:

As I've campaigned across Connecticut I hear concerns from some saying, "Ned, don't jeopardize a safe seat."

I tell them, "Connecticut is a progressive state. You're not losing a senator, you're gaining a Democrat."

They tell me, "Ned, don't rock the boat."

And I tell them, "It's high time we rock the boat."

We are running for the heart and soul of the Democratic Party; we're showing the country that we can win as proud Democrats.

You may be wondering who I am. I started my own successful business from scratch that competes with big cable companies. I am a husband and proud father. I am a progressive and a Democrat.

Three years ago politicians with years of political experience rushed our troops off to war; they told us the war would be easy; we'd be greeted as liberators.

Now three years later, America is no safer, Israel is no safer, the Middle East is even less stable, and we have 130,000 valiant troops stuck in the middle of a violent civil war in the heart of Iraq.

Those who got us into this mess should be held accountable.

In Washington they give you a medal; in the business world they say: "You're fired."

I say it is time for the Iraqis to take control of their own destiny and we're just getting in the way.

The $250 million a day we are spending in Iraq is better spent on pre-school and health care, public transit and veterans benefits.

I would have led the opposition to the nomination of Judge Alito.

I believe that President George Bush's illegal wiretaps and his reckless fiscal and environmental policies are weakening America and leaving too many hardworking citizens behind.

I doubt that anybody will call me "George Bush's favorite Democrat."

I am not afraid of a challenge. I am ready to challenge business as usual, I am ready to fight for real Democratic values and I will tell the Bush administration to put their haughty arrogance in their back pocket and deal with the rest of the world with respect.

I need your support. Joe Lieberman has a well-funded campaign backed by the establishment Democrats in Washington and Connecticut.


and I say: amen!


If you feel so inclined, you can donate to his campaign here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */