Monday, March 20, 2006

The Rock

*Whew* Finally got these pics posted!! This has taken me three days, and many tries to upload these few pics. I finally had to bring two to work, and upload them there. Why is it that the DSL at work is so much faster and more reliable than the DSL at home? Same company, same level of service, same price, so: what the hey???



These were from our Spring Break day - we went home early, and I had my little Casio 3.1mp camera with me. I spent about a half hour climbing around this outcrop, taking pictures.





In the pics above right, and below, you see where Boston Ferns come from: the New England woods! I never would have thought a boston fern could winter over with the cold and snow.








The moss here was under snow the day before. How resiliant - a touch of the sun, a little warmth, and it's chugging right along.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are few things a camera loves more than a nice rock ledge. Lovely photos. Make me wish I were there right now.

11:56 AM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

Nice place to have a picnic when the weather warms up. I love the moss peeking out like that - makes it seem eternal. Amazing how something so delicate can be so resilient.

1:28 PM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

Those are great pictures. They remind me of my favorite hiking spot. It was really nice that you were able to leave early and go hiking. It was terrific that you had your camera along!

6:12 PM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Nice photos, glad you could finally post them. Sure looks like a fine place to be hiking around.

10:46 AM, March 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always post the most beautiful pictures. :)

4:04 PM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Welcome Pablo, and Good Morning FLS,OWL,RD, and Lab Kat! It was a great feeling to be outside with a warm sun, for a change. I can't wait for the weather to break, so I can open all the windows and get some air in the house.

6:44 AM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Reminds me of places I used to see in the Smoky Mountains when I was little. Being down here in Fla. and seeing those pictures was a real treat. Thank you so much for sharing

5:22 PM, March 25, 2006  
Blogger wanda said...

Beautiful and amazing. Great pictures.
The only thing that doesn't work better at work than at home, is ME!

6:06 PM, March 25, 2006  
Blogger Missouri Mule said...

Looks like the perfect hideout for a dragon. Just lovely.

8:25 AM, March 26, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

Are you feeling OK, my dear? Just touching base. I know you have a lot on your plate lately. Hope spring come soon!

3:42 PM, March 26, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

POP : Oh, the Smokies! We took a tour down the back of those mountains for our Honeymoon. So beautiful!

Wanda : I'm with you! I do much better work at home, I just wish the hardware would cooperate.

Mo Mu : Really!! :) a dragon would feel right at home under that rock!

Hey FLS, I'm getting stronger every day, it's all that catching up that messes everything up. If I don't show up at work, noone does my job, and end up with double duty when I get back, and ditto my chores... My only free time is usually spent blogging and reading, so that's what gives, if anything. I'll be in full swing soon, I promise. ;)

10:58 AM, March 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */