Sunday, July 17, 2005

Grocery Store

Ok, lets forget about Evor Lrac and the lil' monkey for now. I just got back from the grocery store, and I can't believe these ignorant teenage baggers! I was checking out, and trying to get the last of my groceries on the belt ; and when I looked down at the bagger she was double bagging my stuff with plastic bags! Ugh, I hate plastic bags - so polluting, and so ubiquitous!


I hurried down to her, apologised for not letting her know that I want all paper, no plastic. I started taking the stuff out of one of the plastic bags, and she did the same. We were putting all my stuff in paper, when she balled up a couple of the plastic bags, and announced that she was going to throw them all away - she could not be bothered with holding them to the side, and using them for someone else!!!


I grabbed the remaining ones that were around the bagging place, and stuffed them in my paper bag, with the comment: "Well at least I recycle them!"


She didn't like that, and was sullen and shut down after that. I looked at my bill, which was almost $300.00, and I wonder: what other store would treat someone who is dropping 300 bucks like that? That kid should be kissing my butt, and I helped her do her job!


I'm sure she doesn't know about, or care about the big pile of floating garbage that's out in the middle of the pacific ocean. It's as big as Texas! (sorry - no link, I saw that on a science channel program). Most of it's been traced to land based garbage sources. Like the neighbor I used to have in LA, who would bring her dog to our lawn to do his doodie. I caught her doing that one morning, and said really loud, thru the window: "Look, kids - that's the lady who brings her dog to crap on your playground!"


The next time she came by, she had a plastic baggie, and she picked up the shi*, and then turned around and threw it - with the baggie - down the storm drain! (illegal)

Unbelievable! If it doesn't get caught and cause a blockage in a pump somewhere between Beverlywood and the ocean at Santa Monica, where the storm drains expell their load right near the beach, then you have a lump of dog do,
and a plastic bag floating in the Pacific!


jeeeze.........

2 Comments:

Blogger oldwhitelady said...

That's a lot of money to spend at a place that doesn't care about their customers. What an attitude! I call the plastic bags, "catshi* bags". That's what usually ends up in them, here.

4:41 PM, July 20, 2005  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Hi OldWhiteLady,

LOL
I collect them from where I work, too, and when I bring them down to the grocery store, I usually fill their recycling container to overflowing!

5:08 PM, July 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */