Friday, September 12, 2008

Things We Knew in the Sixties

When my then teenage daughter came home with anti abortion materials she picked up from her friends in school, I gave her pretty much this same speech. I went from being a very cool parent to getting glances out of the corners of her friend's eyes. At least they knew who to come to if they ever needed me.

I've been pregnant when I desperately wanted to be pregnant. I've been pregnant when it was an "aww darn" moment, and when it was the most horrifying thing that I could think of happening to me. I've also experienced miscarrying a wished and hoped for baby. Your life can bounce back from an "awww darn", but there can be valid reasons that sometimes... what should be good news makes your heart pound in dismay.


Ted Rall says it better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mauigirl said...

Excellent post and link to Ted Rall. Bristol did do the wrong thing - not that she had any choice given who her mother is.

11:34 PM, September 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */