Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Open Letter to Senator Clinton

Dear Senator Clinton,

I know that Hillary will not be reading this directly, this will go to a volunteer who's job is to sort mail - that's why I've CC'd the offices of Howard Dean, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Edward Kennedy, Chris Dodd, John Edwards, and Henry Waxman.

I'll tell you right off, my dream ticket was Dodd/Edwards.

By the time the primaries came to CT, I no longer had a candidate, so I was content to sit back and watch the show, knowing that both of our candidates would make a good president, and knowing that it was a shoe-in for us Dems this year. I also took comfort that the one not living in the WH next February would be a powerhouse in the Senate making sure that the new administration gets what it needs to change course swiftly and neatly.

After watching you on last night's news however, I have something to say, and I hope you take note:

Senator Clinton, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

You have virtually no chance of taking the nomination by popular vote, so I guess you have decided that if you cannot win by playing fair, you'll leave a desert behind you.

If I wanted a reTHUGGlikkin' for a president, I'd vote for McCain in Nov.

McCain is your target, and by joining in on the Swiftboating of Obama you are destroying not only Obama's chances but any Democrat's chances in Nov. I am personally urging you to direct your awesome powers against the real and despicable opponent in this election. McCain is the one you have to beat, whether or not you are the nominee.

I'm making you a promise: If you keep up the attacks on Obama, I'm staying home on Election day. If you win the nomination by the votes of Superdelegates against the wishes of the electorate, I'm staying home on election day. Because if you do all that, you're no better than the republican facists. I'd rather sit this one out than vote for a facist - real rethugg, or faux republican, it makes no difference to me. I refuse to sign off on anyone who is so arrogant that they willingly and purposefully sow the fields with salt.

I'm completely angry with the federal govt, for letting Bushco/Darth Cheney do all the damage they've done, for appointing them in the first place rather than making sure the votes were counted, and for sitting on your thumbs while the nation was lied into war, and then continually abdicating your responsiblity to check their excesses.

We have been stuck with a republic, and I would rather keep it than go through the chaos of a civil war with uncertain outcome, so you are on notice: I will be doing everything in my admittedly puny power to make sure that those responsible for the last eight years are drummed out of office.

Sincerely SB Gypsy

1 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

A great letter, and it says exactly what I've been thinking. Of course, the letter is coherent, and my thoughts not so much. I have expressed the same thing to family members about not voting in this election. I am furious about what's happening among the democrats. They should be running against McCain, not each other, and by doing so distinguishing themselves as candidates. Hillary's actions are completely outrageous and contrary to every principal of good leadership. I'm tired.

3:44 PM, March 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */