Monday, May 21, 2007

What I did on my Weekend

There I was making a Chicken pot pie, and this lil' bugger was flaunting his bright plumage right across from my kitchen window. I finally got to a place where I could dash off and grab a camera. After letting me snap off a couple of shots, he flew away. Sweet little guy.



This plant was looking dead this spring. I was so sure the ice storm got to it that I went out and bought a new one - a little pinker with a stronger stripe. I went to plant it, and noticed that this one was budding on all the old wood that I thought was dead. So, instead of pulling it out, I planted the new one in back, so it will hopefully grow up through this one and I'll have two colors in one.


And at last: the main plants that grow in my shade garden - bleeding hearts, trillium, violets, and lily of the valley.


*click on the pics for a full sized view

** This weekend I will be hosting another
Good Planets Are Hard To Find
picture extravaganza! email your pics before Saturday morning :

SBGypsy at hotmail dot com

6 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

Such beautiful colors on your weekend. Love that cardinal. We don't get them here. That pink flower is really lovely too. The best part of spring is all the colors that follow the black, white, and gray of winter.

10:12 AM, May 21, 2007  
Blogger That guy said...

Ooooo, cardinal!

7:58 PM, May 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great photo of the cardinal! Absolutely picture-perfect, as they say. And the flower--is it clematis? I'm not so good at IDing plants, I'm afraid. It will look lovely with a pink companion.

8:27 PM, May 21, 2007  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Yep, Clematis. (I knew it started with a "c", but could not for the life of me bring up the rest of the name... gettin' old, I fear!

1:45 PM, May 22, 2007  
Blogger DivaJood said...

Oh, I miss cardinals. I love them, we don't get them in Los Angeles. What a great photo, what a nice bird to let you take his picture.

7:21 PM, May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im pretty sure ur gay

7:01 PM, June 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */