Sunday, February 05, 2006

Study in Black White And Brown

In the first week of the year, before all the snow had melted, I went for a lunchtime walk near where I work, and took some pictures of the wetland(swamp) there.


People mostly leave this area alone, marshy and impenetrable without waders. Beavers are usually removed by the local trapper.


Occasionally the local trapper will call my brother with the offer of a beaver, racoon, or deer carcass that he's been asked to remove. My brother trains a search and rescue dog, as well as raising guide dogs for the blind (for the dog's first year). He uses the BARF (bones and raw food) diet for his dogs, and welcomes game animals that he can store in his freezer.

I loved this tree's squiggly branches!

The reflections...

... and my favorite.

3 Comments:

Blogger TFLS said...

Lovely as always, Gypsy. What a gorgeous local! I envy you - you live in quite the beautiful area. Those pictures are quite well done - and I also especially like the last one.

12:59 PM, February 05, 2006  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

I think they're all my favorites. It looks cold, brrrrr, but the white of the snow helps create beautiful photos. That area is probably gorgeous and lush during the summer months.

6:12 PM, February 05, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Hey FLS, Connecticut has always been beautiful, but lately, with all the new projects on what used to be farmland - well - not so much.

I tend to avoid showing buildings and such in my pics, for avoiding ID as well as because I think nature is way more beautiful.

Hey OWL, It was cold, and in summer - that place is an impenetrable mass of vines and swamp. You don't see much of the water during summer, and I have this thing for taking pics of water...

1:01 PM, February 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */