Thursday, December 08, 2005

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

















It snowed early this week, and as they were predicting more snow the next day, I didn't run out with my camera. Their prediction fell flat - no snow, and the wind was fierce, whipping the snow around. In fact, I've been online every morning, and it's getting harder to get to work on time!









So, I'm posting pics from last year's perfect snowstorm - you know the kind, the snow is light and fluffy, with huge flakes just floating down, sticking to everything.



















I find the leafless branches fascinating, and from October to May, I have a hard time concentrating on where I'm driving, the branches reminding me of systems, of chaos, of rivers and civilizations, of connections and of the net itself. I have so many photos of branches - against the sky, layered with other branches, scratching the window, touching the roof.




They say we're going to get dumped on tomorrow, starting at lunch time. I may go home early - I really hate driving in the stuff!


The Perfect Snowstorm....

4 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

Yes, you do love branches and sky! You take such great photographs of them. I love the way you capture the snow on the branches. It is mesmerizing.
I hope you get a lot of snow, that you are warm and safe, and that you'll get some wonderful photographs to share with us.

2:55 PM, December 09, 2005  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Hey RD, We got 7" so far, dry cold snow with sleet over it, then warm wet snow on top. I have been warm here at work all day, but I'm sure not looking forward to the drive.

3:01 PM, December 09, 2005  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

Those photos are great! I love looking at snow pictures, especially of the woods. I don't even mind walking in it if I don't have to be somewhere. I hate driving in it!

4:05 PM, December 10, 2005  
Blogger Woodstock said...

Snow pics are just wonderful, aren't they? I love traipsing around with my camera in the quiet, just after the snow has fallen while everyone else is inside watching TV or surfing the internet. Somehow, though, and I think this is the magic of snow, the quiet never translates to visuals.

9:59 PM, December 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */