Monday, October 03, 2005

Treat Any Soldier

I found this site, by a soldier's mom, that will send care packages to soldiers who are in need - even if only in need of a care package. There are food packages, hygiene packages, cookie packages. There is a link to where you can even send armor and wicking t-shirts and armored knee pads. They even have heart pillows: God can you sleep without a pillow??? *Sniff*

http://www.treatanysoldier.com/CarePackages.cfm

If you can, do it, and if you can't then spread the word - someone else that you know may be able to. To send a box of food, some personal hygiene products, and a pillow is $127.70. Maybe your office could take up a collection and send a batch. You can pick a soldier, or have them pick a soldier for you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, my dear - I will do what I can. Here is a site that might interest you as well. It's self-explanatory.

www.boxproject.org/

Take Care!

1:52 AM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Hey, FatLadySings,

I was so inspired when I found this, my step daughter got out of the air force just in time to miss Iraq - thank goodness - but to think of the poor souls caught up in that mess... It's terrible.

If a pillow or a bunch of canned goods could brighten their day, well it's the least I could do.

3:10 PM, October 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */