Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Open Letter

Dear Mr President,

Your Words:
So I pass a signature piece of legislation where I finally get health care for all Americans, something that Democrats have been fighting for for 100 years, but because there was a provision in there that they didn't get that would have affected maybe a couple million people, even though we got health insurance for 30 million people, and the potential for lower premiums for 100 million people that somehow that was a sign of weakness and compromise.

Sir - I think you're starting to sound like my ex-huband, trying to make excuses for his philandering by listing his good points. Problem is, every good point he lists requires that I sacrifice more than him, and to top it off, I had to go get antibiotics for the infection he passed on.

You, sir, are starting to remind me of him. We could have gotten much better deals if we had all fought for them together. Instead we get secret backroom deals and compromises that elicit no return.

Please, for the love of !America! , get a spine and dust off your veto pen, you're gonna need them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */