Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Teh Pictures

You can see the high water mark, the bunch of grass and stuff that's caught on something, right over the diagonal log in the center. On this bridge, there are two supports, so this is only half of the river in this pic. It boggles my mind - the amount of water that flows here in the spring. Further - this bridge is subject to flooding over the top, and usually I need to go an alternate way at least a couple of days a year.


A Baltimore Oriole, eating the spent blossoms on my tickseed. I noticed those plants when I got in this morning (this is my garden at work) and I was going to run out and deadhead them, but I'm glad I was distracted! When my brother called me over to look, there were 4 other orioles on the same plant. They must really like it!


A view of my garden, weedy and overgrown as it is...


I do love the lilies, can't wait for the pink and white ones.



*as always, click on the pic to enlarge it

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

That river and bridge photo is fantastic. Your garden looks so lush and colorful. Most of our flowers are on the downside right now, but we'll be having a second round with the dahlias.

4:46 PM, July 11, 2007  
Blogger sumo said...

Yes...very pretty.

3:09 AM, July 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */