Monday, May 15, 2006

Chimpy's not the only one in the WH who has no clue!




Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. First lady
Laura Bush said on Sunday she does not believe opinion polls showing her husband's approval ratings at record low levels. Interviewed on Fox News Sunday, Laura Bush said she did not think people were losing confidence in President George W. Bush, despite a series of polls showing support for him at its lowest point in his five-year presidency and among the lowest for any president in the past 50 years.


Dream on, bubble girl.

"I don't really believe those polls. I travel around the country. I see people, I see their responses to my husband. I see their response to me," she said.

"As I travel around the United States, I see a lot of appreciation for him. A lot of people come up to me and say, 'Stay the course'."


That's because you live in a Potemkin universe, you see. If you actually had an unedited, unvetted conversation with one of us peons, you'd get an earfull! But, then you'd have to take your fingers out of your ears, and whip off that blindfold, and stop humming: "lolly lolly lu lu, I can't hear you"

Mrs. Bush complained that when her husband's popularity was high, newspapers did not put that on the front page. Now it was low, they took great delight in highlighting the fact.


Actually, Missy, I remember his high ratings blaring across the headlines - perhaps you don't read the paper either....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like this woman has ever even been in the same room with the working class... much less lowered herself to speaking with them.

3:12 PM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger TFLS said...

You know - I used to think it wasn't kind to include her in the blame attached to her husband. I have long since changed my mind. She reminds me of old Madame Bush every day! Doesn't believe in polls my eye! Maybe her 'beautiful mind' needs the same whack upside the head her mother-in-law does!

11:33 PM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

She's becoming a Baby Babs.

2:10 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Hey Lab kat, ...and she really does not know how far she is from reality!

Hey FLS, I blamed her fot taking him back when he pretended to stop drinking... He probably would not be where he is if he was divorced.

Hey POP, Baby Babs! great one *chuckles* - I'll have to remember that.

4:12 PM, May 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She can't be too bright. She married numbnuts.

10:26 PM, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */