Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Drought is Ended!



Here's a before and after view of a stream on my way home from work. The first pic was taken on the seventh, and the second was taken on the tenth of Oct, just three days later. We have had another five days of rain since the second pic. I checked it out as I drove by on Friday, and decided that a trek through the underbrush in the pouring rain to see a dangerous flood was not in the cards.



My garden at work (shallow well, no irrigation) has finally taken off after all this rain. The dahlias that should have shown their heads in July are all full of blooms, and the zinnia that I despaired of have started to blossom out. It may all be gone in a week or two, as the cold comes in from Canada. Right now there are flood warnings for most of the state of Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and the water's just pouring out of the sky.




Zinnia~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dahlia

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your flowers are gorgeous - especially love the warmer colors. My garden is also still putting forth some blooms. Especially the cosmos - and the butterflies love cosmos!

10:41 AM, October 15, 2005  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

I love the cosmos, and I really need some blue in there. It's surprising how few flowers come in blue, especially perennials.

12:36 PM, October 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */