Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Meme

The Rules
Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place; add your blog's name in the #5 spot; link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross pollination effect.

1. Left of Centrist
2. Fun Central
3. Last Left Turn Before Hooterville
4. It's Morning Somewhere
5. The Gypsy's Caravan

Next: Select four new friends to add to the pollen count. (No one is obligated to participate and anyone can play if they want to). (I'm glad about that caveat - I'm not the best at always getting to it when I'm tagged, although it's always nice!)

'The Meme':
1.) What were you doing 10 years ago?
Living in LA, working graveyard shift at KPCC.
2.) What were you doing 5 years ago?

Living in CT, working as an Office Manager, planning my wedding.
3.) What were you doing one year ago?
Same old job, same old place
4.) What were you doing yesterday?
Get up, go to work, lock myself out at work,
I remembered to bring everything except my keys, so I couldn't set the alarm, or drive home. I called my son, who thought it was real funny that I was stuck, and he came and opened up so that I could get my keys and lock up properly (thanks steve! whew)
come home, make din-din, watch Jon Stewart on TIVO with my sweetie.
5.) Five snacks you enjoy
Fruit, cheese sticks, carrot sticks, pistachios, and jumble pie!
6.) Five songs I know all the words to.
a. Don Henley - "You Must Not Be Drinkin' Enough"
b. Simon & Garfunkle - "Sounds of Silence"
c. Little Feat - "Fat Man In The Bathtub"
d. Queensriche - "The Thin Line"
e. Soundgarden - "Spoonman"
7.) Five things you would do if you had a million dollars
a. Pay off the mortgages of our kids, and our siblings.
b. Retire
c. Get an Airstream, see the USA
d. Get land in Canada & Mexico
e. Take out full page ads in newspapers around the country - run ads explaining what a mess this admin has made of the country.
8.) Five things you like doing
a. Blogging
b. Hiking
c. Taking Pictures
d. Cooking
e. Making Love!(of course)
9.) Five bad habits

a. Defensive reaction
b. Perseveration
c. Putting things off
d. Avoiding chores
e. Saying too much (or too little)
10.) Five things I would never wear again
a. Mini Skirt
b. Thong underwear - ouch, as well as ick!(unless I get to take them off pronto- see # 11 below...)
c. bathing suit at the beach (I sunburn in longsleeves!)
d. high heeled torture chambers
e. pigtails
11.) Five favorite toys
a. Thong underwear - and other toys along that line...
b. My potter's wheel
c. Computer
d. Kiln
e. TIVO!!

Passing the meme baton to:
1. Clover's Field
2. The Dharma Bums
3. Traumatized by Truth
4. The Demi Orator
*the Demi Orator graciously bowed out, but The Fat Lady Sings wants to do it!

3 Comments:

Blogger PoliShifter said...

Dear SB_Gypsy

I would like to thank you for your comments on my article The Greatest Depression on Scadapaly

I would also like to ask if you would mind if I used some of your comment on my Solutions or if you would be interested in writing an article for it along the lines of alternative energy etc.

If you allow me to use some of your comments in a future article ofcourse I will link to you and give you credit for what you said.

As I was telling Dark Wraith I am also trying to start a new poltical party...I don't know how but I really don't care...

Here is the link:

The Peoples' Party

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts on this as well.

(if you have time ofcourse...)

3:07 PM, September 24, 2005  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

I liked your answers. If I had to do it again, I'd steal some of your answers!

8:10 PM, September 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey - how do I do this? I'd love to cross-pollinate the blogs, I just couldn’t figure out how to go about it. Long week, what can I say. Cat with diabetes, snake in the kitchen (no shit – and it was a big mother too). As for the questions – that would take up lots of space in your comment column. Oh dear – maybe I’m just missing the whole thing.

11:45 PM, September 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */