Friday, February 06, 2009

Open Letter to Citibank

Citibank
Citibusiness Platinum Select Cards

Dear Sir or Madam:

After recently receiving Billions of dollars from the US taxpayers I get a notice in my bill that you are not only raising the interest rate on business credit cards to nearly 30%, you are instigating a new $40.00 fee* with draconian and egregious rules. I consider this shameless and unpatriotic.

Please cancel my two credit cards and send me the final bills, because I no longer want to do business with predatory corporations.

Thank you and good night
SBGypsy



*The new fee reads as follows:....
"We add a $39 fee to the standard purchase balance if your account balance exceeds your credit line at any time during the billing period. We add this fee even if transactions we authorize or periodic finance charges, fees, and other charges you incur are a reason the account balance exceeds your credit line. We add this fee even if the account balance falls below your credit line by the end of the billing period.

Update:
I actually got the boss (who is a big republican) to sign it with that wording!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Bougher said...

Wow. That is some messed up policy. Rock on for giving them what-for.

(Here via Shakesville.)

3:17 PM, February 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */