Friday, September 07, 2007

Comcast cuts Internet service to bandwidth hogs

The rapid growth of online videos, music and games has created a new Internet sin: using it too much.

Comcast has punished some transgressors by cutting off their Internet service, arguing that excessive downloaders hog Internet capacity and slow down the network for other customers. The company declines to reveal its download limits.

"You have no way of knowing how much is too much," said Sandra Spalletta of Rockville, whose Internet service was suspended in March after Comcast sent her a letter warning that she and her teenage son were using too much bandwidth. They cut back on downloads but were still disconnected. She said the company would not tell her how to monitor their bandwidth use in order to comply with the limits. (emphasis mine)


Seems to me that unlimited means that I could be downloading 24/7, and that would be within my contract. This company needs to be sued.

full story: here

1 Comments:

Blogger Mauigirl said...

Strange meaning for "unlimited."

I'm a Comcast customer and haven't run into this problem but I don't download a lot. If FIOS finally comes to my neighborhood I'll switch!

12:51 PM, September 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/* sjg */ Site Meter /* sjg */